Mitchell, Inc.’s Fertilizer Technician is responsible for providing fertilizer and weed control of lawns and beds as well as Tree and Shrub Care for our customers while meeting goals and generating additional leads/sales.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including work site, work vehicle, shop and equipment
- Pesticide application of residential and commercial properties
- Fertilizer application to residential and commercial properties
- Tree and Shrub Care
- Lawn Care
- Consult and communicate with management on client needs
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events, aerating, etc.
- Grow your skills and knowledge of the company and the industry
- Maintain forms as required by the state and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Stock and prepare truck as needed with all materials and equipment that will be needed that day
- Identify turf problems and suggest treatments
- Generate new leads
- Assist in making sure that required equipment is in working order and materials are ready for treatments daily and coordinating with mechanic for any repairs needed
- Efficiently map your route given customer information using Google Maps, GPS, etc.
- Complete all duties, safely, with no accidents
- High School Graduate or GED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fertilizer applications
- Valid Class E Driver’s License and clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Must have current category 3 Applicators License or Ornamental Turf License for Missouri
- Experience with aerating and overseeding lawns a plus
- Availability to lift 50 pounds throughout shift
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Availability to work in fluctuating weather conditions (i.e. rain, heat, etc.)
- Availability to work alone or with others, self-motivated
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Compensation dependent on certifications, qualifications, experience, etc.